Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Dayton


The End Of The Trail, as it was late '90s. Sorry to say I have no photos of it in the glory days. The saloon is more than 150 years old.
The End Of The Trail was the headquarters of life, late 70s and 80s. Dave Reisch taped the whole jukebox selection, "the soundtrack of life," on to cassettes one afternoon. It's a literal recording of one afternoon at the Trail, jukebox, pool table noise, conversations at the bar. A real time recording of a day in the life. I'm transferring the recordings to CDr. So far there are two completed.


1 comment:

Lif Strand said...

I got married in Carson City in 1977. Paul and I had attended a funeral the day before and we had big hangovers - which explains why I allowed us to get married by an Elvis pretender. Fortunately in my weakened state I was unable to harm the man (Elvis, not Paul) when he offered to sing for us. I'm not an Elvis fan. So sue me.

At any rate, we went back to Dayton and decided to deal with the hangovers at the End of the Trail. The bartender and the regulars knew Paul well, and when they discovered we'd just gotten married everyone whipped together a wonderful wedding reception. At least I think it was wonderful... I don't really remember all that much of it.